This lab experimentation set-up by lab cart is designed to study the working of different governors generally used to control the speed. It comprises of a main spindle, erected vertically on the base plate. This spindle is driven by a variable speed motor which is also fitted vertically on the same base plate. One governor assembly out of four can be mounted on spindle. The spindle speed is controlled by speed control unit. A graduated scale is mounted on the sleeve to measure the displacement.
SCOPE OF STUDY:
- Determination of characteristic curve of a sleeve position against speed of rotation for all governors.
- To study the effect of varying the mass of the center sleeve in Porter and Proell Governor.
- To study the effect of varying the initial spring compression in Hartnell Governor.
- To study the determination of characteristics curves of radius of rotation against controlling force (Actual & Theoretical) for all governors.
- To study the determination of characteristics curves of sleeve position against speed for all governors.
Spindle : Material Stainless Steel
Governor Mechanism : Four different types of governor mechanism with spring and weights.
1. Watt Governor
2. Porter Governor
3. Hartnell Governor
4. Proell Governor
Drive : Variable speed FHP Motor with speed controlling unit
Control Panel Features:
RPM measuremen : Digital RPM indicator with proximity sensor (non contact type) Variac, Standard make on-off switch, mains indicator & fuse etc.
*An ENGLISH instruction manual with elaborate experimental procedures and block diagram etc. shall be provided with the training system set-up